There are three different schemes of Scholarships for Minority Students:
- Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students of class to X in government I recognized private schools/ institutes.
- Financial assistance includes admission / tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
- Students who have scored not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination, and whose parents’ / guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs. 1 Lakh, are eligible for the scholarship. 50% marks requirement will not apply to class I students.
- Scholarship will be awarded to eligible students of class Xl upto Ph.D in government/ recognized private schools I colleges/ universities / institutes including technical and vocational courses of ITI’s / ITCs (affiliated with NCVT) of class Xl and XII level and the courses other than those covered under merit-cum-means scholarship scheme.
- Financial assistance includes admission/ tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
- Students who have scored not less than 50% merits in the previous final examination and whose parents’s guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs. 2 lakh, are eligible for the scholarship.
- 60,000 new scholarships will be awarded to eligible students studying In technical/professional courses at under graduate and post-graduate levels.
- Financial assistance includes reimbursement of course fees and maintenance allowance.
- Full course fee Is reimbursed for 70 listed Institutes in the scheme. Course fee upto a maximum of Rs.20,000/- is reimbursed for other institutes.
- The annual income of the parents or guardian of the Student Should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
In each scheme, 30 % of scholarships are earmarked for girls belonging to the minority communities Details of the schemes, including application formats, are available on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs www.minorityaffairs.gov.in ~ www.momascholarship.gov.in Watch out for the advertisement by your State Government / UT Administration and apply in the prescribed application format through the school / institute / college I university where you are studying.
Contact the Department of Minority Welfare or Department dealing with, scholarships for students from minority communities in your State I Union Territories for details.
For More Information Contact Toll Free: Ministry of Minority Affairs, Delhi – 1800 11 2001 & Director of Welfare, Punjab – 1800 137 0015