Empowering Rural Women
Akal Elementary Teacher Training Academy empowers rural women by providing them employment opportunities in the field of education.
There are about 2000 girls (several orphans) studying FREE OF COST in these programs.
With more than 350 schools to be build, the Elementary Teacher Training will continue to train more teacher to meet the upcoming demand.
Most of the young children in rural North India have to stay at home due to poverty and lack of educational opportunities around their villages. They indulge in household work or child labor. Your sponsorship could change that. Your donation is tax exempt. The Kalgidhar Society is a registered charitable organization in USA, Canada, UK and India.
How We Do?
In Punjab, women are still deprived of their human and basic rights in the name of family honor, social customs, cultural traditions and wrongful religious interpretation.
Despite the fact that women are not given equal opportunity, women have actually greatly contributed to farming activities in the industries of fishery, dairy, bee keeping and fruit and vegetable cultivation.
The organization lays emphasis on educating the girl-child and believes that by educating a girl child, not only the entire family but 7 other families get educated.
The girls from rural regions of Northern India, who have graduated high school, are selected for a 3-year elementary teacher training course at Baru Sahib in Himachal Pradesh and are trained to become teachers in Akal Academies at the level of Kindergarten and Primary classes.
This program aims to achieve following objectives:
- Empower rural girls through quality training in a secure environment.
- Ensure employment in fields related to education.
- Provide The Kalgidhar Trust with a bank of teachers dedicated to the Trust’s mission and objectives.
Besides the Elementary Teacher Training, these girls are also given training in stitching and tailoring. The entire program is free of cost and The Kalgidhar Trust bears expenses of boarding, lodging and training which comes to about Rs. 60,000/- per student per year.
These girls will be given hands-on teaching experience at Akal Academy Baru Sahib and other Akal Academies, following which they will be employed as regular teachers for Akal Academies (K.G. and Primary level) on salaries equivalent to other regular teachers.
Most of these girls belong to rural regions and were selected following a written test and interview. They are given salaries at par with the government scales after employing them in the Akal Academies, which in turn, enhances their matrimonial value.
Testimonials / Research
- We are greatful for the opportunity to have come here and spent 12 days in God’s Country. Beatiful vibrations, great views, excellent hikes, lovely children, generous hosts, good and spiritual discussions, innocent laughter. If heaven is possible in the realm of this world, it is here. To say “Thank You” will be seriously understanding our sentiments. Our vocabulary fails to describe our feelings of gratitude and bliss.
- A Divine experience. The inspiration behind this tremendous task shines in every part of this complex. Our prayers are offered to the almighty at this house of the Lord so that his mission is fully accomplished
- What I heard, it is much more than that. This is a place worth visiting and taking a part in this movement. Students of villages are being given Free Education and all other facilities. The Rural School results are highly impressive. Government of India, Indian State Governments & Punjab Chief Minister should adopt this as a Model. Foreign students are happy. Baba Iqbal Singh is a blessed soul. May Satguru give all success to The Kalgidhar Trust!
- Kalgidhar Society aims to build superior human Character and high moral values as a way to establish permanent world peace.