The Kalgidhar Society has started an independent school at Baru Sahib to cater to the basic needs of education of this backward hilly rural area. This school conducts classes from VI to X, wherein 70 students are imparted education free of cost.
The Kalgidhar Society offers employment on preferential basis to the masses of this backward area to enable them achieve their daily basic needs. More than 450 people have been exclusively employed under this program.
The daily consumption of milk at Baru Sahib is to the tune of 1100 liters vegetables and fruits are comparatively higher than the local co-operative societies are produced by the locals who get higher rates as compared to the co-operative.
Most of the young children in rural North India have to stay at home due to poverty and lack of educational opportunities around their villages. They indulge in household work or child labor. Your sponsorship could change that. Your donation is tax exempt. The Kalgidhar Society is a registered charitable organization in USA, Canada, UK and India.
How We Do?
We are committed to the Future and are tied to rural economic upliftment. With 129 Akal Academies across Northern India, Akal Academies were established up to High School in Rural Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh. In these academies more than 65,000 students are being imparted ‘Real Education’ from LKG to Senior Secondary Level.
Total Infrastructure of all the institutions is:
- Covered area – Around 38.57 Lakh sq. Ft.
- Landed Property – Around 730 Acres
- Support of infra structure and assets.
We have directly Benefited:
- 65,000 Students
- 4,162 Teachers/Professors
- 2,18,000 Patients
- 6450 Orphans and other poor children
- 378 Senior Citizens
- 1200 Widow and needy women
- 3,388 Addicts and their families
- 9,822 Earthquake victims affected in Kashmir
- 19,50,000 Population Influenced.
Testimonials / Research
- We are greatful for the opportunity to have come here and spent 12 days in God’s Country. Beatiful vibrations, great views, excellent hikes, lovely children, generous hosts, good and spiritual discussions, innocent laughter. If heaven is possible in the realm of this world, it is here. To say “Thank You” will be seriously understanding our sentiments. Our vocabulary fails to describe our feelings of gratitude and bliss.
- A Divine experience. The inspiration behind this tremendous task shines in every part of this complex. Our prayers are offered to the almighty at this house of the Lord so that his mission is fully accomplished
- What I heard, it is much more than that. This is a place worth visiting and taking a part in this movement. Students of villages are being given Free Education and all other facilities. The Rural School results are highly impressive. Government of India, Indian State Governments & Punjab Chief Minister should adopt this as a Model. Foreign students are happy. Baba Iqbal Singh is a blessed soul. May Satguru give all success to The Kalgidhar Trust!
- Kalgidhar Society aims to build superior human Character and high moral values as a way to establish permanent world peace.