Last Modified: 17th Oct 2022
What data do we collect from you?
The kind of information we gather about you depends on the manner / means of your interaction with us and the purpose of your association with us.
- a) Users who merely access our website www.barusahib.org:
You may access our website and go through the information provided therein without providing any personal information / data at all. Our web server will collect your domain name and means of entry to our web site (for example, via a particular search engine), the date, time and duration of each visit and the site pages visited. This information is collected and used for informational purposes only. We use this information to measure site usage and to make the site more beneficial to our visitors.
- b) Users who leave a query for us through the website:
We gather following data from our users who leave a query with us at https://barusahib.org/contact-us/:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Mobile Number
- location data
- IP Address
- c) Donors who register with us through the website www.barusahib.org
We gather following data from donors or potential donors who donate to the noble projects being run by The Kalgidhar Society through our website at https://www.barusahib.org/donate:
- name, middle name and last name
- email address
- IP address
- contact number
- PAN number – which is Mandatory as per Notification No. 19/2021 [F. No. 370142/4/2021-TPL] / GSR 212(E) dated 26th March 2021 to claim tax exemption u/s 80G
How is your data collected?
The donors who are interested in donating or sponsoring our running projects visit the website and fill in the aforementioned information here https://www.barusahib.org/donate and pages related to other running projects.
The users who leave a query for us fill in some of the above listed information here https://www.bausahib.org/contact-us.
We also collect your IP Address and your location data when you access our website.
Why do we collect the personal data from you?
We collect your personal data for one or all of the following purposes:
- To reach out to you by phone or email for giving you information / updates about our services/operations
- To identify the donors and allow them to receive regular personalized updates about the projects they are sponsoring.
- To update donors about the new projects initiated by The Kalgidhar Society
You can withdraw the consent to process any or all of your data or information anytime by way of filing a request here. You may also leave a request to stop receiving any messages / updates from us anytime you wish to.
Transfer of your Personal Data
The data provided by you is not shared/transferred to any third party for other than the purposes mentioned herein below.
Third Party Service Providers – We employ other entities and individuals to function on our behalf for analyzing data; storing data and providing marketing assistance to us.
Transaction facilitation – We do not store credit card or debit card details nor do we share such details with any third parties. However, the Payment Gateway, which is an online payment service that is devised as the means to make and receive payments uses such data for processing payment.
Disclosure to comply with law
We may disclose your Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, under applicable law.
Storage of your personal data
Your data is stored safely and securely in accordance with the applicable data protection laws on the Shared Servers (USA) provided to us by our hosting provider, hostgator.com.
For how long is your data stored/retained?
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected the same for.
To determine the appropriate storage period, we consider the nature and sensitivity of your personal data, potential risks of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data and the purposes for which we process your personal data.
What measures do we have in place to protect and safeguard your information?
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously, and we therefore apply adequate technical and organizational measures to protect the same against any kind of accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction or disclosure of data. Some of the measures adopted by us are as follows:
- Our website is secured with SSL
- Passwords are encrypted
What are your individual rights?
- Right to access: You have a right to access the personal data that you share with us and is processed at our end. You can contact us anytime and request access to the personal data that we have collected and also ask the purpose for which the same has been collected and processed.
- Rectification and deletion: You are entitled to request rectification or deletion of your data that we collect and process, anytime. For instance, the donors who are not interested in donating any further and/or the student concerned doesn’t wish to get sponsored going forward, can get their data deleted upon request.
- Limitation of processing: You can request us to limit the processing of your personal data which will be complied by us to the extent, possible
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the use of your data if you believe that the same would cause any kind of loss, damage or distress to you
- Revocation of consent: If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you can revoke this consent at any given time.
Is there any Dedicated Officer at our Society who ensures the collection and processing of data is safe and secure?
The data collected by you is kept safe.
The employees at our Society are also trained to take adequate steps towards ensuring complete data protection and data privacy. A dedicated officer has been appointed for this purpose whose details are as below:
Name: Jaspreet Singh
Email id: email@example.com
Contact number: 9811108329
Periodic Review of this Policy
We are committed to comply with the principles of protection of your personal data. In view of this, we, therefore, regularly review and update this Policy in accordance with current principles and legislation. Any amendments made to this Policy will be published on this website.
The Kalgidhar Society – Baru Sahib
Baru Sahib, Tehsil Pachhad,
Distt. Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh, India – 173101
Name: Jaspreet Singh
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact number: +91 9811108329