Looking as to how to make the most out of your kid’s Summer holidays? Look no further! Get your child get Sikh experience with Akal Gurmat International Youth Camp – 2014! Program and General Information DATES – 25th JULY until 17TH AUGUST 2014 At – Akal Academy, Baru Sahib, HP, India, Baru Sahib, Via Rajgarh, Teh. […]
Looking as to how to make the most out of your kid’s Summer holidays? Look no further! Get your child get Sikh experience with Akal Gurmat International Youth Camp – 2014!
Program and General Information
DATES – 25th JULY until 17TH AUGUST 2014
At – Akal Academy, Baru Sahib, HP, India, Baru Sahib, Via Rajgarh,
Teh. Pachhad, Distt. Sirmore,
Himachal Pradesh – 173101, INDIA
Tel: 1799-276031/91, 9816033303, 9816033304
Contact Person: Jatinder Singh
The camp will be held at Akal Academy, Baru Sahib, located in the lap of the majestic sylvan Himalayan Hills, ensconced in the valley surrounded by beautiful mountains from all sides, 135 km from Chandigarh, near Solan in Himachal Pradesh, India.
Education Exchange Donation (voluntary)
While you gain your education, please support Baru Sahib to sponsor an underprivileged child in exchange.
For example A donation of £315 provides a year’s student fees for one child. (the actual cost of camp is £175)Most of the young children in rural North India have to stay at home due to poverty and lack of educational opportunities around their villages. They indulge in household work or child labour. Your sponsorship could change that. Sponsor the value based education of a rural child in North India. Your sponsorship will make a difference to theirlife and the panth, enabling them to develop into a responsible, honest and hardworking citizens helping in the creation of man ideal society.
Program and Activities
You will learn Gurmukhi, NaamSimran, Nitnem, GurbaniSanthya (correct pronunciation of Gurbani), Kirtan, Gurmat, Sikh philosophy, Sikh history and practical way of Sikh living. Classes for learning musical instruments will also be provided. To sharpen the mind and body, Yoga exercises, Gatka (Sikh martial arts), Sports, hiking in the hills, picnics and many other fun activities will take place. Interested campers can also avail the opportunity for Amrit Sanchar at the camp.
Music Instrument Classes
You can choose to learn to play any of the following music instruments: Harmonium, Tabla, Sitar, Violin, Rabab, Saranda, Taus, Sarangi etc.
The camp will be housed in a new building with modern, sanitary facilities for boarding, lodging and classrooms. Students will be provided with distilled water for drinking. Separate facility will be available for parents.
Delicious and highly nutritious vegetarian meals will be provided. Pizzas, veggie burgers, French fries, milk shakes and other western dishes will also be served.
Baru Sahib has a fully equipped 280-bed Akal Charitable Hospital with competent medical staff of 50.
Students may receive mail; phone communication may take place on the designated days; and e-mail messages may be received, which will be printed and given to the student. Authorized visits are allowed.
Air-conditioned Buses will leave AMRITSAR for Baru Sahib ON 28TH. Students will also be provided with transportation on trip to historic Gurdwaras and back to AMRITSAR. Arrangements will be made to pick up unaccompanied minors from the airport.
- DEPART UK BETWEEN 25TH AND 27TH JULY 2014
- Arrive BETWEEN AMRITSAR 26TH JULY 28TH JULY- Baru sahib sewadars will be at airport to receive all campers
- OVERNIGHT STAY AT DARBAR SAHIB AMRITSAR (Historic Gurdwara visit and stay)
- MID CAMP PROPOSED VISIT TO POANTA SAHIB DATES TBC
- DEPART for camp 29th July 2014 AMRITSAR 11.00 AM AND ARRIVE BARU SAHIB 29TH JULY EVENING
- Registration of the campers at Baru Sahib July 30th 2014
- Inauguration of the camp July 31ST2014
- Closing ceremony and of the camp Aug17th, 2014
- Return flights 19thAUGUST – Baru sahib will arrange transport for all passengers back to Amritsar for flights.
- Suggestions for Airline Travel: Try to adjust your flight to AMRITSAR to ARRIVE BETWEEN 26TH AND 28TH LATEST 2014
[button color=”color” size=”small” url=”http://barusahib.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Registration-Form.pdf” icon=”envelope” iconcolor=”white” target=”_blank” ] Click Here to Download Registration Form [/button] [button color=”color” size=”small” url=”http://barusahib.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/FAQ1.pdf” icon=”lock” iconcolor=”white” target=”_blank” ] Click Here for FAQ [/button]
Things to Pack
- Several Pagris/Patkas/Chunnis (minimum 2 each)
- Kurta and Pajamas/ Salwar Kameezs for day trips (minimum 2 each)
- A pair of pants/jeans (no shorts or crop pants) and t-shirt for the picnic.
- 2-3 night suits
- Light jacket
- Sneakers/ Trainers
- Bath /shower rubber soled shoes (flip flops)
- Easy to slip on and off, sturdy, comfortable day shoes / sandals.
- Toiletries / personal hygiene items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste etc).
- Insect repellent
- Prescribed medication , inc details of medication
- Labelled Laundry bag
- Four day supply of undergarments, socks, cloth hankies etc.
- 2 Bath towels and 2 hand towels
- 1 refillable water bottle
- 1 backpack with a pocket for a water bottle
VERY IMPORTANT-PLEASE EMAIL YOUR TRAVEL PLANS TO ENSURE WE CAN ARRANGE TRANSPORT ETC
USA and other countries:
Bhupinder Singh, 860-233-6458, email@example.com
UK and Europe:
Sukhdev Singh Rai, 07774 160006, firstname.lastname@example.org
R.S. Atwal, 07711382621
Avtar Singh Gill, 604-780-7200, email@example.com
Sarabjit Singh, 81669412179, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandeep Singh, 81782416344, email@example.com
Registration Forms may be mailed to:
USA and other countries:
192 Mohawk Drive West Hartford, CT 06117
UK and Europe:
Baru Sahib UK camp (SS Rai, c/o Cleversocks Ltd., 101 Charles Henry Street,
Highgate, Birmingham, B12 0SJ
Akal Academy Surrey, #204-12639-80 ave, Surrey BC Canada, Fax: 1800-518-0740
Osaka-Shi, Chuo-ku, 1-1-8 nonibashiTanimachi green heights 802 5400011
- All personal items and articles of clothing must be labelled with the attendee’s name using a permanent marker.
- Avoid bringing clothing where the colours run during washing. Laundry will be done at least twice a week.
- Bring clothes that are appropriate to wear at this location.
- Campers will be responsible for their own belongings and are discouraged from bringing jewellery etc.
- Campers will be provided with camp uniforms.